Saturday, August 27, 2011

Thanks Hurricane Irene For Giving Me Time to Blog

Here is some cool stuff that I am listening to now:
Fitz & The Tantrums may have the song of the year in "Moneygrabber".  I am also digging "Don't Gotta Work It Out".  The album will get serious consideration on my Albums of The Year list.


Mac Miller has some pretty coll stuff.  Check out these tunes.


Every once in a while, a super talented guy comes out of nowhere.  In this case, it is Gary Clarke Jr.  He is one heck of a blues guitarist.  He has been honing his skills in small clubs around the country, but has now burst onto the scene.  People like Dave Matthews and Eric Clapton have given him serious "props".  See for yourself with the song "Bright Lights".

My Los Angeles friend, Brett, told me about this next band, Sleeper Agent.  I am loving this song, "Get It Daddy".  The whole disc is very solid.  Brett tells me they are great "live".  I will surely try to catch them when they come to Baltimore.

I am also digging Theophilus London.  To borrow a line from Smucker's, "With a name like Theophilus, its gotta be good".  Check out these two songs, "Last Name London" and the very catchy "I stand Alone".



TV On The Radio has been around since 2006.  Their latest release Nine Types of Light is pretty solid.  I am a big fan of the song "Will Do".

And lastly, I like this catchy indie rock tune by the Givers.  It is called "Up Up Up".  You may see it going up, up, up the charts.  

I hope you enjoyed the music.  Until my next music diary posting...
Scotty B

No comments:

Post a Comment